Monday, January 27, 2014

A Stitcher's Finish

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday.  I have two stitcher's finishes to show you today. 

The first was sent in from Marty.  She and friends, Judi, Sara, Pat, and Barbara stitched these "Folksy Ditty Bags".  Then, while they were at the annual needlework retreat in Williamsburg, they sewed them together and took this group shot of their finished bags.
How fun to do a stitch-a-long with a group of friends.  These turned out wonderful and gave me a big smile.  Glad they were so much fun to stitch girls.

Next, my friend Robin sent me a picture of her finished "Wintertime" piece that she had framed.  Robin said she was determined to use what she had in her stash.....love that.  She stitched this on 32ct R&R Apple Brown Bindy with Victorian Motto Sampler threads (1794 Brick Red, 1795 Faded Parsley, Dark Oak Brown and Gentle A rt Mustard Seed). 
I love seeing it this way.  It's always great to see another stitcher's interpretation of one of my designs.  It really looks great framed Robin.
I'm so glad I got the chance to see these finishes.  It's always so much fun for me.
Happy Stitching my friends.
~Nan

4 comments:

Bianca said...

I love to see other'sfinishes too!

Unknown said...

Waw, how wonerful "Folksy Ditty Bags"!!!! Really perfect finishing!

msmartello said...

Great finishes! How fun for you to see them.

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh my goodness, Nan! I love those ditty bags! I can't believe I missed that chart. Thank you for sharing your design talent with us.

Robin in Virginia